24th Feb 2011 by admint
Steps in buying corporate bonds:
1. Select a brokerage firm to which you would deal with in buying corporate bonds.
2. Review the bond selection offered by the brokerage firm you chose. It would be a good idea to deal with corporate bonds of major public companies (preferably those published in New York Stock Exchange). Keep in mind the following suggestions:
• Select which type of bond is best for your needs.
• Avoid Bond funds
• Try to select bonds that can be purchased at discount or above the average price.
• Analyze the underlying corporation.
3. Inform the corporate bond that you wish to purchase so that the brokerage firm can do the negotiations or the buying of the bond. You can also do the buying of the bond online.
Like This Answer?
This answer is the subjective opinion of the writer and not of FinancialAdvisory.com