U.S. Businesses Ready to Grow, but Not Ready to Hire
Thursday, February 11th, 2010
Some of the top executives in America stated in a recent survey from the Business Council that they are starting to look to ways to grow their companies, but expansion which would result in hiring isn't something they think will happen any time soon.
Rather then expand existing business out, the business leaders said they believe job growth will come from new industries they aren't aware of yet. In other words, there won't be much more than hiring to replenish the usual attrition associated with the particular industries they're in.
The findings of the semi-annual survey aren't that encouraging, as the former survey had more of an upbeat outlook, while now it's pretty much considered a time of leveling off for U.S. businesses in hiring. One good sign was the executives, for the most part, didn't think there would continue to be mass layoffs going forward.
Recently executives asked about the unemployment rate for 2010 said they see it hovering between 9.6 to 10 percent.
The really bad news was while they are looking for ways to grow their companies again in moving out of their defensive posture, the business leaders said that they're looking for "markets outside the U.S." as their priority.
Article by Gary B
The views expressed are the subjective opinion of the article's author and not of FinancialAdvisory.com
Tags: business , hiring , human resources
• Google Changes Algorithm, Game Changer for Web Traffic?
• Sigma Pharmaceuticals CEO Quits After Terrible Annual Results
• Majority of U.S. Businesses Not Going to Hire in Next Six Months
• General Electric (NYSE:GE) in "Country to Company" Relationship to China
• Australian Employers Feeling Better About Economy - Starting to Hire
• Trade Deficit in Canada is First Annual Shortfall Since 1975
• 3M (NYSE:MMM) Declares Dividend for 374th Straight Quarter and 52nd Straight Year
• Many Small Businesses Not Impressed with Tax Credits Offered for Hiring New Employees
• The United States Budget Deficit For Fiscal-Year 2011
• Toyota Recall: The Tylenol Product Nightmare of Today
• Which banks are giving loans?
• What is tax equity financing
• How to apply for abn in australia?
• Which type of reit invests directly in p...
• What is the AAA Investment Grade?
• What is a loan modification?
• What are the different types of Key Bank...
• Which are the best car insurance compani...