Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT) Targets Young People with New 'Kin' Mobile Phones
Monday, April 12th, 2010
he latest entries by Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT) in the mobile phone market is called 'Kin,' developed to target the youth market which Microsoft claims has been under-served in the sector.
Microsoft targets the connection drive of younger consumers by focusing largely on the social-networking space, marketing the 'Kin' as a brand built for that purpose.
Included with the new offerings are two phones, both of which are designed with physical keyboards which can slide out for use, and touch-screens for ease of use.
The new phones will be released by Verizon Wireless and Vodafone Group in May.
Adhering to their core software business for years, with these new mobile phones Microsoft has gone outside of those practices and gotten involved with the design of the new mobile phones, which it hopes will result in a better phone for uses.
Along with the physical design, Microsoft developed the software used in the two phones, making it easier to participate in the activities their target audience enjoys, such as sharing information on social networks with friends, and updating what they've been doing recently, as many do on Twitter.
The difference between the two Kin designs is one is more sleek and compact, which is called Kin One, while the other named Kin Two, includes a keyboard and screen with is larger than the other, as well as a higher quality camera which can be used to shoot high-definition video.
Although Microsoft designed everything on their new phones, including the service the phones will use to operate, it will be manufactured by Sharp Corp., based in Japan.
Article by Gary B
The views expressed are the subjective opinion of the article's author and not of FinancialAdvisory.com
Tags: kin , microsoft , mobile phones , verizon wireless , vodaphone
• Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT) About to Enter "Cloud" with Small Business Apps
• Rogers Communications (TSE:RCI.B) Says Canada Needs to Allow Foreign Ownership of Telephone and Cable TV Businesses
• Yahoo (Nasdaq:YHOO), Microsoft (Nasdaq:MSFT) Gain on Google (Nasdaq:GOOG) in Search Share Battle
• Is Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) iPad a Threat to Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT)?
• Google (Nasdaq:GOOG), Microsoft (Nasdaq:MSFT) and China
• Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT) Dropping Business Server Package
• Apple, Microsoft and Google - Who Has Performed The Best
• How to shop for a mortgage?
• Compare a fixed rate vs variable rate mo...
• How to claim superannuation?
• Can i get a loan online?
• How much oil does the USA produce?
• What is title insurance?
• What are the different types of forwards...
• What is the livingston international inc...