Apple iPhone 5, iPad 2 Delayed?
Tuesday, February 22nd, 2011
The latest buzz surrounding Apple’s latest version of its wildly popular iPhone is that the product’s release date might be pushed back to September 5, 2011. The rumors have been neither officially confirmed nor denied, however Dan Frommer, a columnist for Business Insider quoted Craig Berger, an FBR Capital Markets analyst, who stated that it is highly unlikely that the projected release date in July would not be realized.
The validity of these claims is bolstered in light of the evidence that component suppliers have yet to receive any solid orders for the iPhone 5, making it more likely that September will be the actual release date.
According to the same source, Apple could be looking to produce as many as 100 million iPhones between the iPhone 4 and iPhone 5 in 2011. This beats projections by Wall Street by more than a third. This would indicate that Apple is looking to increase its target sales goal by roughly 15 percent according to ITProPortal.
Reasons afforded for the rumored delay for the iPhone 5 release date are varied. Many speculate that the problems experience with the premature release date of the iPhone 4 led to massive recalls because of production problems that should have been ironed out before its release.
Bloomberg Businessweek stated that the production delays have to do with last minute design changes, as per their source at Yuanta Securities Co. The source also indicated that the date for the release of the iPad 2 might be pushed back as well; however, Apple’s spokespeople have declined to comment on the concerns.
The Washington Post indicates that if the rumors are true, the recent release of the Android tablet may be benefited by the lack of competition and gain a firmer grasp on the tablet market.
Article by Andrew Timm
The views expressed are the subjective opinion of the article's author and not of FinancialAdvisory.com
Tags: apple , delayed , ipad 2 , iphone 5
• Is the Apple glow gone?
• The Secret to Apple’s Retail Success
• Iphone 5 to come out on September, now on its Final Testing
• New iPad Could be Extra Thin
• Without Steve Jobs How Will Apple Fair?
• Will Apple finally put a crosshair on Google?
• Apple (Nasdaq:AAPL) Adds Multitasking to iPhone
• Is Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) iPad a Threat to Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT)?
• The Apple iPad could conquer the Nintendo DS in handheld gaming
• Is Exclusive Apple (Nasdaq:AAPL) iPhone Deal with AT&T (NYSE:T) Ending?
• AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) Launching Dell (Nasdaq:DELL) Smartphone
• Wal-Mart (NYSE:WMT) Overtaken by Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) As Third-Largest American Company
• Apple Inc. (Nasdaq:AAPL) Has Strong iPad Pre-Orders
• Apple, Microsoft and Google - Who Has Performed The Best
• What credit score is needed to refinance...
• What bank has the highest interest rate ...
• What is the difference between a realtor...
• What is the difference between abn and a...
• What is an ISA?
• Which banks offer the highest savings ac...
• What do i need to apply for a Australian...
• What do you need to open up a bank accou...