Apple Inc. (Nasdaq:AAPL) Has Strong iPad Pre-Orders
Saturday, March 13th, 2010
Apple Inc. (Nasdaq:AAPL) seemingly has another big hit on its hands, as the pre-orders for iPad have been announced as very strong after Friday, which was the first day consumers could pre-order the device.
After about the first six hours pre-orders were available, there were over 90,000 which had been ordered by eager consumers.
A number of analysts following the company say in the first year alone there could be up to 5 million sold by the tech giant.
Interestingly, we'll see if a poll conducted by Engadget.com comes to pass, as respondents were largely unimpressed with the latest offering from Apple, and 65 percent had a negative response to the new offering, of the approximate 60,000 polled.
Of those with a positive outlook, 19 percent said they were definitely going to acquire the new product from Apple, while about 16 percent had no idea what an iPad was.
But when take into consideration the 19 percent figure, and extend that across the country and to other parts of the world, if that is even close to accurate for those who would buy the device, they would be enormous numbers.
Of course we have to keep in mind the survey was among those who probably would have a solid understanding of the sector and products being offered, which means they were probably more representative of those serious about these things and love their gadgets.
On the other hand, the fact that 16 percent didn't even know what an iPad was, shows at least some being polled must have been from the general population.
Either way, it looks like Apple will have another hit on its hands, although it's hard to tell whether it'll gain the traction of other devices. We'll see when they bring out the second-generation iPad, which will probably give a better look at its future and how the media companies decide to interact with it.
Article by Gary B
The views expressed are the subjective opinion of the article's author and not of FinancialAdvisory.com
Tags: apple , ipad , preorders
• Is the Apple glow gone?
• The Secret to Apple’s Retail Success
• Iphone 5 to come out on September, now on its Final Testing
• Without Steve Jobs How Will Apple Fair?
• Apple iPhone 5, iPad 2 Delayed?
• Will Apple finally put a crosshair on Google?
• Apple (Nasdaq:AAPL) Adds Multitasking to iPhone
• Is Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) iPad a Threat to Microsoft (NASDAQ:MSFT)?
• Apple (Nasdaq:AAPL) iPad Business Site Now Live
• The Apple iPad could conquer the Nintendo DS in handheld gaming
• Is Exclusive Apple (Nasdaq:AAPL) iPhone Deal with AT&T (NYSE:T) Ending?
• AT&T Inc. (NYSE:T) Launching Dell (Nasdaq:DELL) Smartphone
• Wal-Mart (NYSE:WMT) Overtaken by Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL) As Third-Largest American Company
• Apple, Microsoft and Google - Who Has Performed The Best
• What do you need to open up a bank accou...
• What are the advantages of investing in ...
• Where to apply for juniper credit card?
• What can the irs do to me?
• Does loan modification hurt your credit?
• What is a Personal Project Loan?
• How to register a company in New Zealand...
• What is the CD ladder strategy?